It is the intent of Big Sandy ISD that the District website comply with current copyright laws. If you are the owner of copyrighted material that you believe is used without permission, follow the instructions below.
Notifications of Claimed Infringement
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c), written notification of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to the designated District Copyright Agent and include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Big Sandy ISD’s designated agent for purposes of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act is as follows:
Big Sandy ISD
9180 FM 1276
Livingston, TX 77351
Phone: (936) 563-1000
If you would like to provide notice of alleged copyright infringement, please notify Tommy Young at the address/email specified above. Please know that the District also has policies and procedures related to copyright laws. The District’s Board Policies regarding copyrights are available here: https://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Code/997?filter=CY